Thursday 11 March 2010

Ciao!

"The Archbishop of Vienna today said priestly celibacy could be one of the causes of the sex abuse scandals to hit the Catholic church."


That's taken from here - which is slightly too in tune with my thought processes this week. This is because, I was planning on a blog post about just how many Vatican related sex scandals there's been in The Guardian over the last week or so. This was the opinion that I was about to conclude with but it seems they've summed it up for themselves.

So. Turns out the Pope's brother was involved in something, another Cardinal or other has been outed as quite the gentleman of the night and so on and so forth. I'll be honest, I don't think any of us were thinking "I wonder why this has happened..." or, genuinely "That's odd, for a church to be involved in a sex/paedophilia/prostitution ring scandal" - delete as appropriate, the alternatives will apply a week on anyway.

My reaction towards each of these articles (which I would list as evidence, but if you're reading this blog, still, then we'll call this a trust exercise) was the same sort of reaction when discovering the daily Princess Diana related article in the Daily Express. It's sort of anticipated.

Hang about though.
1) I'm not pinning this solely on The Guardian, although they do seem to present the facts rather than headlines such as 'SICK I-TI PAEDOS' (a la, The Daily Mail) or 'CHECK THESE SEXY KIDS' (The Sun, not quite but it gave me a laugh, soz Sun/Sun readers)
2) I'm not purposely tracking Vatican sex scandals, no matter what they say.

UN CHIEN ANDALOU

Mr Dali summed it up about right in 1929. Priests, donkeys, oppression and all of that. If that film is anything to go by, which it is, it's a bloody masterpiece, then we should've seen it coming. Salvadar Dali - Sexual Nostradamus. That sounds a bit too sexy. What I'm trying to say is, these sex scandals are no longer a shock. In fact, in such contrived environments such as the Vatican, it's pretty much expected. I had a fleeting wonder of how many games of 'Soggy Biccy' have ever been played in that St. Peters. The mind boggles. Really.

As always, these thoughts are as disjointed as ever but I don't care to be honest. Grass on me. To the Pope.

xxxxxxxxx

PS. Italian . Obvs.

No comments:

Post a Comment