Saturday 20 February 2010

Përshëndetje!

Yeah I know. Two blog posts in two days, like whoa!

This is just a little un.

Last night, the charger for my laptop finally broke on me. Then my dvd failed to work. Then, the dvd that I chose to watch would not play in the other player. Technology is taking out some serious frustration this weekend. Go ahead technology, I don't care. I've resorted to cupcake baking and working on being the domestic goddess that I.know.I.can.be. Anyway. So, cupcakes coming along nicely, I flick on ITV, family film? How nice.

Richie Rich.

My first thoughts were nothing more than 'I quite like this, it can stay on', 'Oh McCauley Culkin :(' and 'it'll sort of do for 20 mins'... then, it was that bit in the film where Mr & Mrs Rich are off on a trip to visit the Queen. The quintessentially English butler 'Cad-Berry' (could be Cadbury, pronunciation is inconsistent across the pond no?) arranges for a bunch of hoodlems to visit Richie. However, get this. They're pretty good kids. This pleased me, pleased me a lot and, I didn't even consider why until writing this very post. Anyway. These non-demonised figures are exposed to the wealth of Mr Richie Rich. He has a basketball court in his office, his own McDonalds, an array of quad bikes, a 'kidapult' (imagine.) and, his very own rollercoaster. Combined, all of these things sparked something inside me. I'll be open and honest with all (2) of you, I was impressed, impressed by money. That thing inside me, that was lit... that was my basic materialistic nature roaring after being suppressed (not that well, I still like dresses) for quite a while. Richie has his.very.own.rollercoaster? Who is not impressed by that?? It stirs the same feelings as Clueless does. Hello, Cher Horowitz has that outfit choosing system which is just ay-may-zing.

Anyway, I watched a little bit more and realised yep, I'm still a tad impressed by wealth. Has to be proper though, Richie Rich hyperbolic wealth, the sort of wealth that if this was real, it'd make me quite sick. What a conundrum.

That's it for now whilst I ponder my own mixed feelings towards money, materials and well, he has his own rollercoaster for goodness sake.

RJB xxx

PS. Albania Albania!
PPS. Started off as a little un anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see another blog so soon, I have similar feelings whilst watching Brewsters Million's :/

    Anyhow, more blogging soon please duck
    :)

    ReplyDelete