Friday 19 February 2010

Sawubona!

So I may not be the most enlightening offering in this so called Blogosphere and, as opposed to how things usually go, these posts are generally not usually worth the wait but, it's my blog and I'll post when I bloody well like thank you very much.

This time, I have a gripe. I have a gripe with the world. Yes.

Tiger Woods.

Why on earth should he have to apologise to the public about his record of adultery?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a fan of these acts. I don't actually totally condone them, as everyone has their own reasons. Folk close to me in fact, have not been the most monogamous of individuals but this in my humble opinion doesn't make them the devil incarnated. Everyone has their own reasons for their life choices, each to their own, all as individual.. blah blah. Right? So why, does a mere golfer (yeah, alright) feel the need to 1. express shame for his actions to the world and 2. express apology to the world? I'm sure this has affected his world quite enough, let alone that of his wife, but as a celebrity, should these people who hog quite-so-much of the dreaded limelight accept a sort of ethical and moral responsibility to society (Heat readers) hand in hand with their celebrity status?

Personally. I can see why Woods has done this. As one of the biggest sports personalities of the last couple of decades (I think)... surely Woods is a brand rather than a human being. However, that's just it. He's a human being. Who, will make mistakes or, not make mistakes, he surely will make decisions, be quite taken over with lust from time to time which just so happens... this time, was not directed towards his 'lovely wife' - that's not sarcasm by the way. I'm sure she's lovely.

Erm, I digress.

My point is, although he's taken on this status and, in his case... not through any choice of his own, surely he's welcome to make any basic human decision as the rest of us are. Is it really up to Tiger bloody Woods to apologise for his actions? I mean, who is personally offended by one person out of billions cheating on his wife? I have no comment regarding domestic abuse as he's denied this one, but even if he wilfully admitted it, I really.could.not.give.a.fuck. I mean alright, it's not very nice for her but come on, there's worse things in life than being the wife of a cheating golf superstar? ANYWAY, ANYWAY, I'M GETTING DRAWN IN. I still really couldn't give a fuck what he does, what she does, what he's sorry for, how she'll try to spice up the relationship in the future to attempt to prevent this sordid, horrendous, mystifying, abhoring, VILE ACT from happening again...

I just think, he should really not have to apologise.
1. What's done is done, sort it out between yourselves.
2. Who really cares?*

*If you choose to answer this question, then surely, it speaks volumes.

The END.

RJB XXX

PS. I'm ZULU!

No comments:

Post a Comment